Saturday, November 12, 2005

2008 Olympic Mascots

China is hosting the Olympics for 2008. *bleh* Can't say I'm happy about hearing that nor supportive. They unveiled the mascots:


I don't like them. The mascots had such a good opportunity to be cute characters and now they look like ... knock off type characters. They remind me of the look alike characters that you find in Chinatown all the time. They're the same style of drawing as the wannabe Snoopy or something. *sigh* I would have looked forward to buying some Olympics memorabilia (despite my feelings over China) because the symbols sounded cute enough: fish, panda, olympic flame, Tibetan antelope, and swallow. I thought they'd be cute. Ugh. Boy how wrong I was. Just goes to show how China can take cute things and give it their on spin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo man I don't like Nini and YingYimg's "almond shaped" eyes. They definitely could have done MUCH better.

Patrick said...

that's the ugliest thing ever!