Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My V-day Oopsie

Last night I wanted to get a head start on my choco cake in preparation for Valentine's day. I wanted to have the cake made the day before so that I could add the frosting the next day, when the cake was cooled. In case you weren't aware, my previous post mentioned that I wanted to make choco cake for Valentine's day.

I got home at 9pm last night and made myself a quick dinner. By 10pm I was ready to make the chocolate cake. I was in a groove and I was doing really well (considering that I had forgotten to take the butter out ahead of time to make sure it was room temp) and it was in the oven by 10:30pm. No sooner had I placed it in the oven then I realized, "oh crap, I forgot to add the chocolate!" I made chocolate cake and didn't add chocolate -- sigh. O.o I think it must have been too long of a day for me for me to have forgotten something so crucial.

I didn't want to eat what could be terrible cake so what was I supposed to do? I cleaned up everything and started again. I ended up making another batch, with chocolate, of the cake. I was baking until nearly midnight last night! When I went to bed the whole house smelled like chocolate. O.o

The lesson that I learned is always double check that I've completely read the recipe prior to sticking the item into the oven. I hope this choco cake is good since I invested so much time into it!!

No comments: