Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sports on TV at the Gym

Whenever I go to the gym to get a bit of cardio in I try to grab a machine that is near a TV that does not have sports on it. I find watching "the game" on TV extremely boring. Watching that is the equivalent of watching nothing at all to me. I don't like running for an hour and it makes the time go by so much faster if I have some type of distraction. Unfortunately, most of the TVs, if not all of them, always have some type of baseball game or something on them. Boring! The gym is filled by an equal number of men and women on the cardio machines and I don't know many women who enjoy watching sports. In fact, I think that most cannot tolerate it. So why are the TVs normally turned to sports channels? Beats me. If I had my way, I'd ban it except for one solitary TV that can have sports just so that I can appease those guys who must watch their sports games. Hell, many guys I know don't even like watching sports. I think that a mere 1% (of not less) of the people on cardio machines at any point in time actually care about sports. The rest of the 99% of people would be happier if it was some sitcom re-run or CNN that was on the TV

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, cindy, there's a lot of stuff around on the internet, and I was looking for fast carss when I saw your blog. Neat and interesting. Refreshing, too. I'm a bit of a hot car fanatic - have been for years - so I write and research about fast cars mostly. Good blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hi cindy, That's an interesting blog you do there. I found it when I was looking for Orange County used exotic cars, but found your blog worth reading. Thanks. I'm really a nut for Orange County used exotic cars, but see you around. Rex

Anonymous said...

G'd day cindy. Well, that's an interesting blog. Useful too, although I was actually searching for fast cars because I'm a bit of a fanatic for fast cars. SO not quite my bag, as they say. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

G'd day cindy. Well, that's an interesting blog. Useful too, although I was actually searching for bmw aftermarket parts because I'm a bit of a fanatic for bmw aftermarket parts. SO not quite my bag, as they say. Cheers.