Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sephora

I love Sephora. Yes, yes, I am echoing the sentiments of legions of women now. I never used to care about Sephora one way or the other but last week I had a very good experience there that made me really enjoy shopping there. I wanted to try on one of the mascaras at the Lancome counter at Macy's but they said I couldn't try it on because of health reasons -- even though I saw testers for other mascaras out on the counters. I went to Sephora and they let me try it on and even created a brand new tester for me since they didn't have the mascara I was looking for in a tester. I ended up buying the non-Lancome brand because I found the Shu Umera brand worked better. They had tons of displays that helped me compare the different brands of mascara and help me make my decision. I also found the sales people there really helpful. The girl who helped me definitely educated me a lot about mascara that I never knew before. She was really helpful and she didn't work on commission since no one ever asked me for the sales person's name when I was ready to check out. I think I may buy directly from Sephora from now on but it's got to be on a non-weekday. Non-weekdays mean the sales people have time to help you figure out all the differences between the brands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once went thru Sephoria trying on different green eyeshadow...woohoo...I think I was at the Stanford Mall location!