Saturday, March 10, 2007

Milk Bread

With my previous mention of bread I decided that I wanted to try my hand at bread making. My first foray into the world of bread would be to make milk bread. Milk bread is something I ate as a kid. It's a very soft type of bread, individually portioned out. It is topped with a sweet glaze and I used to eat it for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.


The ingredients for milk bread. Excuse the skim milk, we normally buy low fat but all the low fat milk at the store had an expiration date which was too close to today


Me forming the bread into individual rolls


The rolls in the pan, shaped and waiting to proof some more. Proofing is when the bread grows larger in volume


The finished milk bread


Milk bread -- before consumption

The milk bread ended up turning out pretty well for my first try into breads. I didn't do such a great job forming the dough into perfectly portioned rolls but all and all, I am happy with the end result. The next question is how long it will last before we consume everything

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Post the recipe!!!!!!!!