Monday, January 14, 2008

Freedom, Sort Of

We've just wrapped up a week with the in-laws and they're now on an airplane back home. I love my mom and dad via Ming but a week with them is about as much as I can take at a time. It's hard to share a house with others when you're used to being able to do whatever you want, however you want. When others share your house you need to be a bit more courteous and clean (i.e. no eating at the coffee table for meals, always make the bed, wash your dishes immediately.) It was great having them around but I think it'll be awhile before we start to miss seeing them.

With the in-laws gone I've got another house guest: our friend's dog. She, sadly, isn't as courteous as my in-laws as a house guest. She is very stubborn and willful. Trying to get her to eat, behave, etc is going to make it a very long stay with us. After all the guests are gone I think Ming and I need to treat ourself to a get away.

No comments: