Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whirlpool Duets

I received a new washer and dryer for Christmas. No, this wasn't a hint for me to do laundry. We always knew that we needed to replace the current ones because they were older. I got a new washer and dryer as one of my Christmas gifts and it's one of the best gifts I received. It may sound a bit too practical for some people but I couldn't be more excited.

We got the new Whirlpool Duet high efficiency washer and dryer. It is also energy efficient, something which will really help with our electricity bill. I love using the new washer and dryer. There are a ton of cool features and I think that it really does treat my clothes more gently. Its a front loading washer and when the clothes are done washing they are dryer coming out of the washer and I think they benefit from not being spun so hard in the front loader (top loaders tend to mangle your clothes more. The laundry machines are really quiet and they make this little "ding" sound when they're done (kind of like when you put the timer on for the oven.)

I'm excited to do laundry now -- lord I sound so domestic! It's really fun to use these new appliances since there are so many more options to choose from (water temp, extra rinse cycle, pre soak, etc. I could probably sit in front of the washer and dryer for a few hours just watching the gentle agitation of the clothes ... yes, things easily amuse me. ^_^

No comments: