Thursday, April 12, 2007

Salad Week

In the continued effort to try to be better about what I eat, I have deemed this week salad week. I am trying out mbhide's advice and eating low carb meals for dinner. It's just past mid-week and Ming and I haven't gone crazy yet (but we are definitely tired of lettuce.)

Monday: Salad with romain lettuce, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, orange slices, pan fried chicken breast
Tuesday: The same as Monday except with extra chicken breast
Wednesday: Laab Gai accompanied by mint leaves, lettuce, and shredded cucumber.

Laab Gai is a Thai preparation of chicken. Wednesday was, by far, our best and most enjoyable meal. We ate 3 chicken breasts between the two of us and savored every bit of it.

The scale hasn't reflected any difference in weight nor do I feel any different from eating salads all week. A visual inspection of myself doesn't show any loss in my tummy fat. :( Nevertheless, I will ride out this whole week and continue to eat salads/low carb meals at dinner. I don't have any more energy (nor less energy) but I'm sure that we're at least eating at least one meal which is healthy.

Tonight is Atkins burgers (hamburger patties wrapped with lettuce) and more salad. After this week I don't think I will buy lettuce for a long time.

No comments: